How to: Spring Clean Your Life-Part 4
This is the last, Ladies and Gentlemen! The last part of How to Spring Clean Your Life. If you are just now joining us, you’ll want to go back to Part 1, 2, and 3. You don’t want to miss an area of your life in which you could totally re-vamp!
Our last section is our Environment. Specifically, I am talking about your home, apartment, condo, duplex, cardboard box…Wherever you call home. Your surrounding environment is extremely important and, believe it or not, contributes to your overall health and wellbeing. If you are surrounding yourself with so much clutter and “things,” you need to take a day or days, depending on how severe, and literally, Spring Clean your Home. Here’s a list of things you’ll want to drop off at your local Goodwill or Salvation Army:
- Old books that you know are already gathering dust
- Clothing that you haven’t worn in years
- Clothing that still has the tags on it. If you haven’t worn it by now, then why did you buy it????
- Shoes that are decades too old and unfashionable (then again, we might be biased because this is an Indulge blog, and, of course, we’re into the latest fashions)
- CDs-Burn them to your computer, get rid of all of the cases and put into a larger CD case
- Knick-Knacky stuff-Do you really need it sitting there collecting dust?
- Comforters/Sheets-Get rid of the ones with holes or cut up to make dust cloths
- Anything else that is junking up your home (Take an honest look around and tell yourself what purpose does that item serve)
Your home should be relaxing and inviting. Choose paint colors that are soothing and encourage relaxation. Hint: Vibrant red, black, orange, neon anything do not encourage relaxation (in fact, they up your pulse-constantly putting your subconscious mood in overdrive-It’s like starbucks double shots ’round the clock. No Beuno!).
Once your home is windexed, dusted, organized, de-junked, bleached, and washed, it will be the epitome of “Homey”. When you can come home to a clean, well managed environment, you will be less stressed, and you will have created a home in which to relax and feel at ease (which is the whole real definition of Spring Cleaning).
So-Good Luck! Let me know how the minor Spring cleaning improvements have affected your life.