Add some spice to your life at Indulge Salon York PA
I couldn’t wait to share this recipe with you. It is scrumptious!
A friend of mine shared this with me and I thought I would try it. It has a bit of southwest flair to it and normally I don’t go to far out of my recipe box with this type of food but I did and WOW! I ate almost the whole bowl. It’s good it’s low calorie so eat up my friends.
Here it is: Corn and Avocado Salad
2 large cans of corn (Del Monte)
1 large ripe avocado
1 small red onion (I don’t use much because I don’t like bad breath however; you use as much as you want)
1 can of black beans
1 large tomato cut into small cubes
add a bunch of cilantro
add a bunch of basil (I love basil so I added a lot)
1/4 cup of virgin olive oil
2 tbsp of champaign vinegar but if you don’t have this just use your red vinegar
pinch of kosher salt
pinch of black pepper
swish it all together and you have a side dish or make it a meal and share with some friends. This tastes great on salad.
the health benefits of avocados are numerous to mention however; I will be happy to list a few
1. great for moisturizing and nourishing your skin to a healthy glow
2. aids in preventing breast cancer
3. aids in lowering blood pressure
4. has 25 essential nutrients such as vitamin A, B, C, K, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, and Potassium. Imagine eating 2-3 bananas to the equivalent of 1 avocado.
5. improves a heart because of the Vitamin B6 and folic acid this helps lower the homocysteine which is associated with heart disease. for more healthy information about Avocados go to http://www.healthonlinezine.info/health-benefits-of-avocados.html
Enjoy!! say thanks to Jayson for the recipe